Horizontal Black Leather Case for the Archos 604 with both a belt clip and loop option - a Gomadic design Review

Horizontal Black Leather Case for the Archos 604 with both a belt clip and loop option - a Gomadic design
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I really needed a case for my Archos 604 (an awesome unit: go get one!) and there is currently no skin on the market, so I decided to get a case instead. I looked at the stand up cases with the open flap in front, but since the Archos 604 has a kickstand (wonderful exclusive feature), I went with this protective case instead.
Over all I would say it does the job of protecting the unit very well.
Package Contained: 1 Leather case, 1 belt clip.
Differences from the Amazon photo
The amazon photo is not entirely accurate. The case I received is much sturdier and composed of an outer leather layer and an inner more ridged tan layer of material. It is very well constructed and the cut outs for the ports are actual cut outs with stitching around them, unlike what is shown on the picture provide my Amazon.
The Great
Protects the case very well. The case is constructed on a couple of layers. The outer layer is a nice attractive brown leather that fits the Archos 604 like glove. This case was obviously made for the Archos 604 and not adapted form something else. The inner layer is a fairly ridged cloth covered material that gives the case a very ridged and sturdy feel to it. It is very light however and does an excellent job of protecting the Archos 604. The case is very attractive: made of high quality leather with sturdy stitching.
The Not so Great
The case is very ridged when i first got it and started using it, this is great for protecting the unit, but can make getting the cover to stay closed a bit troublesome. The ridged inner layer kept opening the top flap when closed, so i closed it carefully and turned the unit over: the added weight of the unit kept the top flap closed over night and now the case is breaking in. There is a protected place to store memory cards in the front of the unit, but since the Archos 604 doesn't take them, I am not sure why this feature was added.
The Bad
Although the case has an opening cut in for the major ports (usb and headphone) if you have the docking adapter, like I do, it will not fit with the case on. The usb charger that comes with the Archos 604 does fit with the case on though, and I guess that is good enough for most users, but I would have liked to be able to use the docking adapter (highly recommended) with the case was on. The included belt clip made of high grade plastic, is just ok, and doesn't feel really secure with the case on the belt.
Bottom Line
I like the unit and will be keeping it, but I really hope a skin comes along that would be more useful on a day to day basis. however, for secure storage or secure carrying around in a bag, this case probably can't be beat.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Horizontal Black Leather Case for the Archos 604 with both a belt clip and loop option - a Gomadic design

Gomadic's new Horizontal Leather Carrying Case with Optional Belt Clip was specifically created to fill the aperture between utilitarian need and aesthetic excellence making it a must-have for the urbane nomadic user. In today's competitive marketplace; the choices you make define your commitment to your occupation. The Gomadic leather case says you care about both your appearance and the devices on which you have come to depend. Hand-made from smooth premium black leather with a felt lining that feels silken to the touch. Gomadic's leather case will neatly store and transport your mobile device providing an elegant way to protect your PDA from the potentially-damaging elements. Uniquely designed with a quick release magnetic closure system you will gain fast convenient access to your PDA without sacrificing the crisp classic look that excludes professionalism and success.

Buy NowGet 40% OFF

Click here for more information about Horizontal Black Leather Case for the Archos 604 with both a belt clip and loop option - a Gomadic design

0 comments:

Post a Comment