Rapid Wall Home AC Charger for the Archos 704 WiFi - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology Review

Rapid Wall Home AC Charger for the Archos 704 WiFi - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
This charger did not arrive as pictured... it came with a different connector (#61) that plugs into the docking port on the bottom of the Archos 704, which means you can't actually use the 704 when it's plugged in (unless it is lying on its back or held in your hands). I called Gomadic and they sent another connector (#27) that plugs into the side port as the Arcos charger does. Still, the unit did not perform as expected... either way it was plugged in, it got much hotter in use than the Archos charger and would never fully charge the 704 (3 to 4 bars, tops). I wondered if the unit was underpowered or didn't have the right voltage (the Archos charger is 5.2 volts, 2 amps... the Gomadic is 5 volts, 1 amp) but continued to use it since it was all I had. After a week it burned out. I called Gomadic again and they sent a replacement but it too only lasted a few weeks. I became concerned that perhaps there was something wrong with the circuitry (or battery) in the Archos that was causing the chargers to burn out but was reluctant to contact Archos about this since I was not using an Archos-approved charger. So instead I decided to bite the bullet and spend ten dollars more on a replacement charger from Archos. Turns out that this is what I should have done in the first place, I have had it for about a month now and it works fine... it fully charges the 704 and it doesn't overheat. Take this review for what it's worth... you may well have better luck than I did, but for me the Gomadic charger was a waste of twenty bucks and several weeks of my time.
I should mention that the folks at Gomadic that I spoke with on the phone were friendly and very prompt, the connector and replacement charger they sent arrived in two days or less. The one star rating applies to the unit only, not to Gomadic's service.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Rapid Wall Home AC Charger for the Archos 704 WiFi - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology

With its small lightweight design and sleek appearance the Gomadic Rapid Wall AC Travel Chargers remains highly portable and fits easily in your briefcase to save you both space and time. Custom designed with integrated circuitry to prevent overcharging that might damage your device. The Rapid Charger also utilizes Gomadic TipExchange Technology that allows you to upgrade for hundreds of mobile devices.In addition our chargers are backed by a lifetime warranty.

Buy NowGet 33% OFF

Click here for more information about Rapid Wall Home AC Charger for the Archos 704 WiFi - uses Gomadic TipExchange Technology

0 comments:

Post a Comment