Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Case ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet (HD) 160GB & 500GB Review

Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Case ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet (HD) 160GB and 500GB
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I received this as a gift, and it was shipped directly to me. I opened the package, and was surprised to see this case, and a little bonus tea. Nice touch guys!
I am currently drinking this tea, Yorkshire Tea, it says "Makes a lovely cup of tea", and I have to agree. We don't get this quality tea in America much, so again, bravo mates.
I love everything about this case, except one fatal flaw. Something so diabolically sinister. The little flap is held down using 2 tiny Neodymium Magnets. It's a nice clean, and effective fastening method, but...
The Archos 5 500GB model has an actual Hard Drive, you know, Magnetic Media. I hate to give this product one star, because it's the best case I have found yet, but you do not want High Gauss Neodymium Magnets anywhere near any hard drive you own. If this device used Solid State Flash Memory, it would be fine, but because this device uses sensitive magnetic media to store it's data, you risk catastrophic data failure by holding these high power magnets right next to your device.
I was forced to carefully slice open the leather, and extract the magnets, and then cover the holes with self-stick Velcro (which is the fastener they should have used in the first place). Now that I am sporting a cool Velcro version of this case, I am very happy with it. I really like this product, it's well built, has great craftsmanship, but it's a technological nightmare. I will change the rating to a 4 if they ditch the magnets and replace them with Velcro.
I will change the rating to a perfect 5 if they:
Add a little "Stylus Holder" pocket to the case, which I created myself by adding an extra slice in the "hinge" portion of the leather.
Make the thing a little more stable when using the "kickstand", as the flap acts like a fulcrum, making the device teeter-totter. It needs a flush edge to rest upon.
If you want this case, I highly recommend you remove the magnets before you let your Archos 5 anywhere near this thing. Until the manufacturer removes the magnets and replaces them with a different non-magnetic style of fastener, I can't justify rating this case higher than 1 star.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Case ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet (HD) 160GB & 500GB

Crafted from the finest quality leather, the precious screen of your ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet (HD) remains protected by a tough aluminium plate lining, whilst you maintain full use of your device thanks to some cunningly positioned cut outs, allowing access to all ports and controls.

Buy NowGet 26% OFF

Click here for more information about Proporta Aluminium Lined Leather Case ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet (HD) 160GB & 500GB

0 comments:

Post a Comment